- Educate your students and faculty about diabetes
- Raise money for your school
…and have fun in the process!
The New York Chapter of JDRF invites you and your school to partner with us in an effort to teach students about diabetes and raise money for type 1 diabetes (T1D) research that will one day lead to a cure. We would like to bring a fundraising program we call Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes right into your classrooms. The good news is, we’ll do nearly all of the work!
Here’s how the program works:
· Your school’s Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes can be held right on your campus.
· We will provide your students with a kid-friendly lesson on diabetes, healthy living and helping others. We will also offer an explanation of the walk program and give students ideas on how to collect donations.
· Students will have the opportunity to fundraise for JDRF and for your school.
· We will take care of collecting, counting and keeping track of all of the money raised.
Benefits for your school:
· Your school receives 10% of the money raised.
· Your school receives a banner to celebrate your fundraising achievements.
· Students earn fun prizes depending on the amount of money they collect.
JDRF will be with you every step of the way from creating to implementing your event. Dates are filling up quickly this school year so please click here to fill out a School Interest Form and fax this form to (212) 689-4038 to secure your preferred event date or contact Rebecca Kane, Development Coordinator, at (212) 478-4314 or at email@example.com.
Let’s get started today on creating your school’s own Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes!
- Click here to view a Canarsie Courier article featuring JDRF’s Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes!
- Click here to view a local elementary school’s Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes yearbook page!